Search for something on this blog
Blogs I Follow
- Changes in our Lives
- JOEL R. DENNSTEDT - AUTHOR
- With Wonder and Whimsy
- AngelineM's Blog
- people places & coffee
- Latest Yucatan Living Updates
- Red Shoes are Better than Bacon
- Richard Bennink -- Random Reflections
- Guardian Liberty Voice
- Carry a Tune
- Picture Yucatan
- Discovering Natural Motherhood
- Generation Y
- Buen provecho...desde Progreso!
- Mérida English Library
- México: Live it, Love it
- experience preferred
- Just Visit Siena !
- same life -- new location
- Merida Painting Classes
- Jette Virdi - Food Stylist
- Yucatan Today
- Retirement, say what?
- The Yucatan Times
- YAPA - Yucatan Ayuda Para Animales
- wood and chocolate
- yucatan bird club
- The Mexile
- Jim & Carole's Mexico Adventure
- On The Road To Patzcuaro, Mexico......
- Mexico Connect Latest Articles
- Viva Veracruz & Viva Puerto Escondido
- From the Snow to Mexico
- Nancy and Barry in Mérida
- Historia del Turismo en Yucatán
- Hammock Musings from Mérida and Sao Paulo
- Lawsons Yucatan
- The Mérida Initiative
Our passports were due to expire the end of July.
Back in the good ole USofA it took 6-8 weeks to process a renewal – so in May we took our passports and the completed renewal forms we printed from the internet over to the US Consulate for submission for renewal. They handle that for you you know? Well they don’t actually do it there! But they transport the documents via diplomatic bag.
Anyway, we were informed that it would only take about a week to process our renewals WHAT! and that if we did it now our renewal date would change to May DOUBLE WHAT.
So anyway again, we brought all our paperwork back home and put that process away until July.
July 7 we turned in all our paperwork, and bonus we used our US CreditCard for payment and since technically we paid in US funds, on US property there were no additional fees for the CC service WOOHOO. Renewal fee was 75US per person by the way.
We returned to the Consulate on Tuesday the 15th and signed and picked up our new passports. Complete with new and different passport number, and electronic tracking device. I HATE THAT THIS THING CAN TRACK ME ANYWHERE!!!!!
So then I asked myself what about our FM#’s – they have a different passport number associated with them, AND our old passports had a special page with FM# stuff on it anlong with jailhouse photo.
So today I went to the Immigration office to inquire – see how concerned I was – I waited like what 2 whole weeks. Immigration wasn’t in the leastr concerned. It will all be handled when our FM#’s come up for renewal again!
So there you have it!