Search for something on this blog
Blogs I Follow
- Changes in our Lives
- JOEL R. DENNSTEDT - AUTHOR
- With Wonder and Whimsy
- AngelineM's Blog
- people places & coffee
- Latest Yucatan Living Updates
- Red Shoes are Better than Bacon
- Richard Bennink -- Random Reflections
- Guardian Liberty Voice
- Carry a Tune
- Picture Yucatan
- Discovering Natural Motherhood
- Generation Y
- Buen provecho...desde Progreso!
- Mérida English Library
- México: Live it, Love it
- experience preferred
- Just Visit Siena !
- same life -- new location
- Merida Painting Classes
- Jette Virdi - Food Stylist
- Yucatan Today
- Retirement, say what?
- The Yucatan Times
- YAPA - Yucatan Ayuda Para Animales
- wood and chocolate
- yucatan bird club
- The Mexile
- Jim & Carole's Mexico Adventure
- On The Road To Patzcuaro, Mexico......
- Mexico Connect Latest Articles
- Viva Veracruz & Viva Puerto Escondido
- From the Snow to Mexico
- Nancy and Barry in Mérida
- Historia del Turismo en Yucatán
- Hammock Musings from Mérida and Sao Paulo
- Lawsons Yucatan
- The Mérida Initiative
A blog I was recently reading has a link to the New York Times Mexican edition. Apparently the New York Times compiles news reports about various countries, and lumps those together in ‘Special’ sections.
So I have been checking out the Mexico section and seems the New York Times feels the only Mexican news worth reporting is Drug or Cartel related.
No wonder the rest of the World is afraid to travel to Mexico.
There really is a lot more going on in Mexico than drug dealers and cartels.
In fact the local paper, Diario de Yucatan is full of news reports on economy, health, social injustices, social events, current infrastructure achievements and deficiencies, sports, and local events that occured to celebrate Dia de la Mujer (Day of the Women), both in praise of Women in general, and the fight for Women’s Rights. Not to mention weddings, funerals, engagements, business openings, gala events, the new golf club, etc.
Well so much for reporting the news!