Search for something on this blog
Blogs I Follow
- Letters from Merida
- Changes in our Lives
- JOEL R. DENNSTEDT - AUTHOR
- With Wonder and Whimsy
- AngelineM's Blog
- people places & coffee
- Latest Yucatan Living Updates
- Red Shoes are Better than Bacon
- Richard Bennink -- Random Reflections
- Guardian Liberty Voice
- Carry a Tune
- Picture Yucatan
- Discovering Natural Motherhood
- Generation Y
- Buen provecho...desde Progreso!
- Mérida English Library
- México: Live it, Love it
- experience preferred
- Just Visit Siena !
- same life -- new location
- Merida Painting Classes
- Jette Virdi - Food Stylist
- Yucatan Today
- Retirement, say what?
- The Yucatan Times
- YAPA - Yucatan Ayuda Para Animales
- wood and chocolate
- yucatan bird club
- The Mexile
- Jim & Carole's Mexico Adventure
- On The Road To Patzcuaro, Mexico......
- Mexico Connect Latest Articles
- Viva Veracruz & Viva Puerto Escondido
- From the Snow to Mexico
- Nancy and Barry in Mérida
- Historia del Turismo en Yucatán
- Hammock Musings from Mérida
- Lawsons Yucatan
Leonora Carrington is a British-born Mexican Surrealist. She was born in Clayton Green, South Lancaster, Lancashire on April 6, 1917. In addition to sculpture, she is also a surrealist painter and a novelist, and currently lives in Mexico City.
Tom and I took the opportunity recently to walk the Paseo de Montejo and view the current sculpture exhibit that is installed there. Unfortunately we went mid day so the sun was flat and the pictures are not all that great. There are apparently 27 pieces although I did not count them. They are fanastical surrealist fantasy creatures in bronze, and really quite enjoyable to look at. As I understand it these are fairly recent pieces, within the past 2-3 years. And since Ms Carrington is in her 90’s I feel fairly certain she has apprentices that have done the actual creation and crafting based on her input, design, and esthetic.