Search for something on this blog
Blogs I Follow
- Letters from Merida
- Changes in our Lives
- JOEL R. DENNSTEDT - AUTHOR
- With Wonder and Whimsy
- AngelineM's Blog
- people places & coffee
- Latest Yucatan Living Updates
- Red Shoes are Better than Bacon
- Richard Bennink -- Random Reflections
- Guardian Liberty Voice
- Carry a Tune
- Picture Yucatan
- Discovering Natural Motherhood
- Generation Y
- Buen provecho...desde Progreso!
- Mérida English Library
- México: Live it, Love it
- experience preferred
- Just Visit Siena !
- same life -- new location
- Merida Painting Classes
- Jette Virdi - Food Stylist
- Yucatan Today
- Retirement, say what?
- The Yucatan Times
- YAPA - Yucatan Ayuda Para Animales
- wood and chocolate
- yucatan bird club
- The Mexile
- Jim & Carole's Mexico Adventure
- On The Road To Patzcuaro, Mexico......
- Mexico Connect Latest Articles
- Viva Veracruz & Viva Puerto Escondido
- From the Snow to Mexico
- Nancy and Barry in Mérida
- Historia del Turismo en Yucatán
- Hammock Musings from Mérida and Sao Paulo
- Lawsons Yucatan
Well, here we are in Houston. Our annual pilgrimage to attend to maintaining Tom’s VA medical benefits.
While in Houston we stay with friends who also have a house in Merida, but need to work 2 more years before retiring so only visit their Merida home 2-3 times per year.
This time HIGH on my list of things to get was an ipad2. Not that I ‘needed’ it so much, as I just ‘wanted’ it. Now don’t get me wrong, I can argue a strong case as to why I need the ipad2.
I’m having great fun with it. Quite novel this touch screen technology; in fact Tom held the netbook up to me last night to ask a question on how to do something and I kept touching the screen and couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t responding.
I haven’t purchased any accesories yet not knowing just what I want to do with it! Well I did get a little quilted case with a strap to haul it around in. Tom, and our friends here keep admonishing me for not yet buying the screen protector; but geesh, 30USD for a screen protector!
Well, there’s always tomorrow. There aer some cool fun things about ipad, and apple technology, but also some serious deficiencies. I will need more time to figure it all out.