Search for something on this blog
Blogs I Follow
- Letters from Merida
- Changes in our Lives
- JOEL R. DENNSTEDT - AUTHOR
- With Wonder and Whimsy
- AngelineM's Blog
- people places & coffee
- Latest Yucatan Living Updates
- Red Shoes are Better than Bacon
- Richard Bennink -- Random Reflections
- Guardian Liberty Voice
- Carry a Tune
- Picture Yucatan
- Discovering Natural Motherhood
- Generation Y
- Buen provecho...desde Progreso!
- Mérida English Library
- México: Live it, Love it
- experience preferred
- Just Visit Siena !
- same life -- new location
- Merida Painting Classes
- Jette Virdi - Food Stylist
- Yucatan Today
- Retirement, say what?
- The Yucatan Times
- YAPA - Yucatan Ayuda Para Animales
- wood and chocolate
- yucatan bird club
- The Mexile
- Jim & Carole's Mexico Adventure
- On The Road To Patzcuaro, Mexico......
- Mexico Connect Latest Articles
- Viva Veracruz & Viva Puerto Escondido
- From the Snow to Mexico
- Nancy and Barry in Mérida
- Historia del Turismo en Yucatán
- Hammock Musings from Mérida
- Lawsons Yucatan
So a short while back I posted about a free performance by the Youth Symphony Orchestra,
Tom and I went and were really quite pleasantly surprised.
They were fabulous.
The guest clarinetist that we were expecting was not able to be there due to a family emergency.
The young clarinetist, Cesar Anastacio Reyes Jimenez, from the orchestra I believe did a fabulous stand in. He really was excellent.
I highly suggest if you see the opportunity you go see them.
This particular show was a bit too long without an intermission. Apparently the previous show included and intermission, but for whatever reason they played straight through for the 2nd performance.
We heard Mozart’s Magic Flute, 3 parts of VonWeber’s Concert for clarinet and orchestra in F minor which included the clarinet solo, and then Beethoven’s Symphony #6 “La Pastoral”. OUF, there really should have been a break. It was an hour and a half in those god awful uncomfortable chairs.
But the music was fabulous.