I’ve been talking about having a second car for more than a year, probably close to two years. Something small, easy to maneuver,easy to park, cheap to run, repair and maintain….
Tom and I have gotten to the point where are actually having to schedule the car to ensure it’s use when needed. Anyway, I’ve talked about it, but haven’t actually done anything about it!
Well a few months, actually nearly 6 months ago I knew of a friend who was planning to return to the US and wanted to sell the car, but didn’t actually want to let it go until she was on the runway heading back to the USofA. That’s a tough sell. Anyway, several promises to buy fell through, and I finally stepped up and actually made a down payment, that was in October. Today was collection date! She’s not actually on the runway, but with the holidays we really had to get this wrapped up.
- (Factura, original): if you buy it from a used car dealer, it must be an orginal invoice from them (if they own the car), copy of the invoice of Origin from both sides (with proper endorsements of previous owners) copies must be well made and clear. If it’s from a direct person, just the orignal invoice when they bought the car with all the endorsements of previous owners (check to see if the names are as indicated in the endosements)
- Copy of the Id from the owner (IFE, or passport)
- Copy of Bill from his address (telmex, CFE).
- Original of Tarjeta de circulacion (transit permit).
- Original of Tenencias for past 4 years.( tax of ownership)
- The owner might give you a letter of sale for you to sign, where you accept the car in the conditions it is in, and you are liable for what ever this car is responsible for from this date on.
- that original signed factura, and a copy of front and back, in fact all the items listed above
- the copy of sellers id
- the copy of the sellers utility bill
- your original id and a copy,
- original utility bill with your name and address and a copy