Yes, I changed the title to reflect 2013, not 2012, because, well you know why!
So as previously instructed, I checked the internet till it indicated I should present myself to INM.
I presented myself to Immigration 3 January – after an hour and a half of sitting and waiting, waiting, waiting I received an appointment for us to go in and get our immigration documents, at least that’s the way I am hoping it will go. An hour and a half just to make an appointment.
So today was appointment day, we had a 9am appointment, and we were there, on time. At about 9:20 I, not we, was called in to the agent. I answered several questions; education level, religion, kids, monthly income, height, weight; I finally wrote on a piece of paper my height and weight in metric, comes in pretty handy.
Then I did my fingerprints, yes, no training, and I’m qualified to do my own, all ten in my case, fingerprints – with a very wet inkpad, and then a piece of dry papertowel to try to clean the ink off. Fortunately I almost always have some baby wipes on me. You never know when you’ll need a baby wipe. Then the shocker – I was given my nota to take to the bank to make my payment, and thats when I was told in 2 to 3 weeks I’ll get a call to come pick up my immigration card. That’s not the shocker – They say they will call me! That is the shocker.
So stay tuned for part 5! It ain’t over yet folks!
November 11, 2012 – part 1
November 12, 2012 – part 2
December 14, 2012 – part 3
Search for something on this blog
Blogs I Follow
- Changes in our Lives
- JOEL R. DENNSTEDT - AUTHOR
- With Wonder and Whimsy
- AngelineM's Blog
- people places & coffee
- Latest Yucatan Living Updates
- Red Shoes are Better than Bacon
- Richard Bennink -- Random Reflections
- Guardian Liberty Voice
- Carry a Tune
- Picture Yucatan
- Discovering Natural Motherhood
- Generation Y
- Buen provecho...desde Progreso!
- Mérida English Library
- México: Live it, Love it
- experience preferred
- Just Visit Siena !
- same life -- new location
- Merida Painting Classes
- Jette Virdi - Food Stylist
- Yucatan Today
- Retirement, say what?
- The Yucatan Times
- YAPA - Yucatan Ayuda Para Animales
- wood and chocolate
- yucatan bird club
- The Mexile
- Jim & Carole's Mexico Adventure
- On The Road To Patzcuaro, Mexico......
- Mexico Connect Latest Articles
- Viva Veracruz & Viva Puerto Escondido
- From the Snow to Mexico
- Nancy and Barry in Mérida
- Historia del Turismo en Yucatán
- Hammock Musings from Mérida and Sao Paulo
- Lawsons Yucatan
- The Mérida Initiative